Beginning August 2019: 200-hour training is a foundations program. This training is built upon the Viniyoga tradition of appropriate application of yoga tools to meet the needs of the practitioner. We will build a foundation of understanding from the therapeutic perspective, where practice of movement (asana), breathing (pranayama), meditation, sound (chanting), and conscious habit patterns are all customized to meet the skills and intention of the practitioner. With this foundation, you will be able to teach yoga to diverse groups (i.e.: gentle yoga, yoga for athletes, for specific age groups, etc.).
Upon completion of this program you will be able to; know the “why” behind the components of yoga practice, design and teach integrated yoga sequences, as well as understand the roots of yoga philosophy through Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra. You will be given tools to deepen your personal practice of yoga in addition gaining experience preparing you to teach yoga to others. This program is approved by Yoga Alliance.
The 200-hour training will meet for 9 weekends:
- August 10-11, 2019: Intro to Viniyoga
- September 14-15, 2019: Physical & Energetic Anatomy
- October 12-13, 2019: Asana, Principles of Movement
- November 9-10, 2019: Pranayama & Physiology
- December 14-15, 2019: Meditation & Psychology
- January 11-12, 2020: Principles of Sequencing
- February 8-9, 2020: Art of Observation
- March 14-15, 2020: Ethics & Business of Yoga
- April 11-12, 2020: Creating Personal Practice
In addition to the weekend class meetings, there will be homework requirements to meet the 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification standards. Texts used in this training will include The Yoga Anatomy Coloring Book by Solloway, Yoga for Wellness by Kraftsow and The Key Poses of Hatha Yoga by Long.
Cost of the program will be:
- $2800 for full payment before 5/31/19
- $3000 for full payment between 5/31/19-7/31/19
- $1050 for segmented payment (Due on 7/31/19, 8/31/19 & 9/30/19)
- $50 application fee due by 7/4/19
PERSONAL TRANSFORMATION TRACK: Interested in a deeper study of yoga, but not in a full 200-hour certification? Join the training on the second Saturday of each month between August 2019 and April 2020 to explore the components of yoga. You can attend one ($160/ Saturday) or all Saturday trainings ($1500), receiving study materials and participating in group study. Saturday trainings are also approved at continuing education credits through the Yoga Alliance. See the Dragonfly 360/events page to register.