COMING February 2021: 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
Are you interested in teaching yoga? This 200-hour yoga teacher training is a foundational training, introducing a variety of yoga topics. The 200-hour training is designed to offer information on the components of yoga practice, philosophical history, and tools for teaching yoga. The curriculum of this training will include a foundation in yoga movement (asana), basic anatomy, breath practices (pranayama), meditation techniques, and the study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra. You will learn through practicing and experiencing for yourself the transformational promise of yoga.
This training group is limited to 10 participants to create an intimate learning and support group.
Upon completion of this program you will be able to; know the “why” behind the components of yoga practice, design and teach integrated yoga sequences, as well as understand the history of yoga philosophy through Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra. You will be given tools to deepen your personal practice of yoga in addition gaining experience preparing you to teach yoga to others. This program is approved by Yoga Alliance.
What is different about this teacher training?
This training focuses on the “why” behind the components of yoga practice. You will experience:
- Components of yoga practice;
- Asana – including study of physical anatomy and kinesiology to better understand why we move in particular ways to create specific intentions and adapt movements to meet the needs of the practitioner.
- Pranayama – including the study of physiology and energetics to be applied in integrated practices.
- Meditation – including current research, study of the nervous system, and understanding simple to more complex methods of mental focus.
Upon completion of this training, participants will have tools for designing integrated yoga sequences including several components of yoga practice to meet a designated intention. Training will include designing safe practices for special populations and specific themes with activities (participants will develop several short practices and one large personal project will be included in course homework).
- Yogic models including the mayas, chakras, gunas, brahmana/langhana, vayus, koshas, and doshas will be discussed and applied to integrated group practices.
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra will be introduced and reviewed each week, including developing personal understanding through writing and group discussion.
- Teaching skills will include developing observation skills to suggest appropriate adaptations, “clumping” of information for better student understanding, developing verbal cues vs. demonstration, seeding information throughout practices, and creating ritual within group practices.
- Participants will complete a daily practice journal for the duration of the training. Topics of personal practice will reflect the information included in the training.
Start February 5 – End August 29, 2021:
Classes will meet once per week (Fridays 11:00am-3:00pm) and one weekend each month (Saturdays 12noon-5:00pm & Sundays 11:00am-4:00pm). Each group meeting will include guided practice, lecture, and group discussion. Additional training hours will beyond group meetings include 10 hours observation of other yoga teachers, 10 hours of teaching (outside of group training), personal practice log, and completion of anatomy/asana workbook.
|Friday Dates||Weekend Dates||Weekend Topics*|
|February 5, 12, 19, 26||February 13 & 14||Intro: Principles of Yoga|
|March 5, 12, 19, 26||March 13 & 14||Anatomy|
|April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30||April 10 & 11||Sequencing|
|May 7, 14, 21 (no meeting May 28)||May 8 & 9||Pranayama/Physiology|
|June 4, 11, 18, 25||June 12 & 13||Meditation/Psychology|
|July 9, 16, 23, 30 (no meeting July 2)||July 10 & 11||Business/Ethics|
|August 6, 13, 20, 27||August 28 & 29||Practicum/Graduation|
In addition to the weekend class meetings, there will be homework requirements to meet the 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification standards.
Cost $2,400.00 for full payment. (Early Bird discount -$200.00 for full payment completed before November 20. ) Monthly payment option available. INTERESTED? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (317) 319-1627 for more information.