COMING March 2020: 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training
$400 registration fee due by february 7, 2020
- One time full payment: $4000 due by February 7, 2020 (includes $400 registration fee)
- Monthly Payment Option: $400 deposit due by January 31, 2020 plus $385 autopay due on the 3rd of each month March-December)
Let’s get deep! Most 200-hour yoga teacher trainings are an introduction to a variety of yoga topics. This 300-hour training is designed to offer a path of deeper study into the individual components of yoga practice, philosophical history, and tools for teaching yoga. The curriculum of this training will include in depth study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra, yogic models of understanding the human condition, teaching methodologies, and creating integrated yoga practices.
Upon completion of this program you will be able to; know the “why” behind the components of yoga practice, design and teach integrated yoga sequences, as well as understand the roots of yoga philosophy through Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra. You will be given tools to deepen your personal practice of yoga in addition gaining experience preparing you to teach yoga to others. This program is approved by Yoga Alliance.
What is different about this teacher training?
This training focuses on the “why” behind the components of yoga practice. You will dig deeper into:
of yoga practice;
- Asana – including study of physical anatomy and kinesiology to better understand why we move in particular ways to create specific intentions and adapt movements to meet the needs of the practitioner.
- Pranayama – including the study of physiology and energetics to be applied in integrated practices.
- Meditation – including current research, study of the nervous system, and understanding simple to more complex methods of mental focus.
- Sound – including chanting, tone, and volume to affect energy.
- Ritual – including development of personal ritual and how to integrate into teaching others to facilitate specific intentions.
- Upon completion of this training, participants will have tools for designing integrated yoga sequences including several components of yoga practice to meet a designated intention. Training will include designing safe practices for special populations and specific themes with activities (participants will develop several short practices and one large personal project will be included in course homework).
Upon completion of this training, participants will have tools for designing integrated yoga sequences including several components of yoga practice to meet a designated intention. Training will include designing safe practices for special populations and specific themes with activities (participants will develop several short practices and one large personal project will be included in course homework).
- Yogic models including the mayas, chakras, gunas, brahmana/langhana, vayus, koshas, and doshas will be discussed and applied to integrated group practices.
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra will be introduced and reviewed each week, including learning to chant sutras and developing personal understanding through writing and group discussion. Participants will complete 10 writing assignments describing and analyzing elements of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra.
- Teaching skills will include developing observation skills to suggest appropriate adaptations, “clumping” of information for better student understanding, developing verbal cues vs. demonstration, seeding information throughout practices, and creating ritual within group practices.
- Participants will complete a daily practice journal for the duration of the training. Topics of personal practice will reflect the information included in the training.
Start March 4 – End December 13, 2020:
Classes will meet once per week (Wednesdays 5:45pm-8:45pm) and one weekend each month (Saturdays 12noon-5:30pm & Sundays 11:00am-4:30pm). Each group meeting will include guided practice, lecture, and group discussion. Additional training hours will include 10 hours observation of other yoga teachers, 10 hours of teaching (outside of group training), personal practice log, anatomy/kinesiology workbook, and philosophy blogs.
|Wednesday Dates||Weekend Dates||Weekend Topics*|
|March 4, 11, 18, 25||March 13 & 14||Intro: Principles of Viniyoga|
|April 1, 8, 15, 22, 29||April 18 & 19||Anatomy|
|May 6, 13, 20, 27||May 15 & 16||Sequencing|
|June 3, 10, 17, 24||June 13 & 14||Asana/Kinesiology|
|July 8, 15, 22, 29 (no meeting July 1)||July 11 & 12||Pranayama/Physiology|
|August 5, 12, 19, 26||August 15 & 16||Meditation/Psychology|
|September 2, 9, 16, 26||September 12 & 13||Nervous System/Emotional Health|
|October 7, 14, 21, 28||October 10 & 11||Sound/Chanting|
|November 4, 11, 18 (no meeting Nov 25)||November 14 & 15||Business/Ethics|
|December 2 & 9||December 12 & 13||Practicum/Graduation|
In addition to the weekend class meetings, there will be homework requirements to meet the 300-hour Yoga Alliance certification standards.