COMING February 2021: 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
Are you interested in teaching yoga? This 200-hour yoga teacher training is a foundational training, introducing a variety of yoga topics. The 200-hour training is designed to offer information on the components of yoga practice, philosophical history, and tools for teaching yoga. The curriculum of this training will include a foundation in yoga movement (asana), basic anatomy, breath practices (pranayama), meditation techniques, and the study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra. You will learn through practicing and experiencing for yourself the transformational promise of yoga.
This training is limited to 10 participants to create an intimate learning group.
Upon completion of this program you will be able to; know the “why” behind the components of yoga practice, design and teach integrated yoga sequences, as well as understand the history of yoga philosophy through Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra. You will be given tools to deepen your personal practice of yoga in addition gaining experience preparing you to teach yoga to others. Participants will be 200-hour certified after completing this training.
You don’t have to want to teach yoga to participate in this program!
Many folks decide to take a 200-hour training to deepen their understanding of yoga including movement, breathing, and meditation. Wether you plan to teach some yoga, want to shift careers, or just learn more about yoga – this training is an exploration of yourself. All practices and learnings start with your personal experience.
What is different about this teacher training?
This training focuses on the “why” behind the components of yoga practice. You will experience:
- Components of yoga practice;
- Asana – including study of physical anatomy and kinesiology to better understand why we move in particular ways to create specific intentions and adapt movements to meet the needs of the practitioner.
- Pranayama – including the study of physiology and energetics to be applied in integrated practices.
- Meditation – including current research, study of the nervous system, and understanding simple to more complex methods of mental focus.
Upon completion of this training, participants will have tools for designing integrated yoga sequences including several components of yoga practice to meet a designated intention. Training will include designing safe practices for special populations and specific themes with activities (participants will develop several short practices and one large personal project will be included in course homework).
- Yogic models including the mayas, chakras, gunas, brahmana/langhana, vayus, koshas, and doshas will be discussed and applied to integrated group practices.
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra will be introduced and reviewed each week, including developing personal understanding through writing and group discussion.
- Teaching skills will include developing observation skills to suggest appropriate adaptations, “clumping” of information for better student understanding, developing verbal cues vs. demonstration, seeding information throughout practices, and creating ritual within group practices.
- Participants will complete a daily practice journal for the duration of the training. Topics of personal practice will reflect the information included in the training.
Start February 5 – End August 29, 2021:
This training session will meet at Embarque Studio in Broadripple.
Classes will meet once per week (Fridays 11:00am-3:00pm) and one weekend each month (Saturdays 12noon-5:00pm & Sundays 11:00am-4:00pm). Each group meeting will include guided practice, lecture, and group discussion. Additional training hours will beyond group meetings include 10 hours observation of other yoga teachers, 10 hours of teaching (outside of group training), personal practice log, and completion of anatomy/asana workbook. All students will receive training manual and topic resources throughout the training. *Zoom participation option available!
|Friday Dates||Weekend Dates||Weekend Topics*|
|February 5, 12, 19, 26||February 13 & 14||Intro: Principles of Yoga|
|March 5, 12, 19, 26||March 13 & 14||Anatomy|
|April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30||April 10 & 11||Sequencing|
|May 7, 14, 21 (no meeting May 28)||May 8 & 9||Pranayama/Physiology|
|June 4, 11, 18, 25||June 12 & 13||Meditation/Psychology|
|July 9, 16, 23, 30 (no meeting July 2)||July 10 & 11||Business/Ethics|
|August 6, 13, 20, 27||August 28 & 29||Practicum/Graduation|
This 200-hour teacher training program is approved by the Yoga Alliance certification standards.
Fees and Deadlines
- Early Bird discount $2,200.00 (-$200) for full payment submitted before December 31, 2021.
- One time, full payment of $2,400.00 due by January 15, 2021.
- Monthly payment option of $380 due on 15th day of each month, January thru July. *Automatic payment withdrawl required.